Welcome. I am using this page as the repository for all my class contents for the course being taught this summer (2018) in Alicante.
Surveying the environment assignments!
- Before EVERY class, you need to find at least one article to share and discuss with your classmates.
- Write down three things about the article that you thought were interesting and/or three questions about the topic that you want to explore more.
- Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org before each class.
- Bring (in electric or paper form) to class so you can lead a discussion.
- Quality International Sources
- The Economist
- New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- El País
- Other major (non tabloid) papers
- Quality Online Only Sources
- Course Packet Download
- Day 1 (Class 1 and 2) Slides: Download
- Day 2 (Class 3 and 4) Slides: Download
- Day 3 (Class 5 and 6) Slides: Download
- Day 4 (Class 7-8) Slides: Download
- Extra Slides (Class 8-9) Slides: Download
- Day 7 (Class 10) Slides: Download
Special Reading Assignments (I will tell you when to read):
- Details on Final Project. Including some possible group topics (Groups are free to find their own topic that they want to explore).Download
- Hard Deadlines
- By end of day July 5th Thrusday. Agree on a topic, work with Prof C to get a plan of action in place.
- July 17th at 9am: all powerpoint files are sent to email@example.com
- Group Presentation Dates:
- July 18th: Groups 9, 8,7,6,5,4
- July 19th: Groups 3,2,1 (+Final)
- Group Topics
- Team 1: Space Tourism
- Team 2: Electronic Nose
- Team 3: IOT Cases
- Team 4: Medical Robots
- Team 5: Genetic Fortune Telling
- Team 6: Autonomous Vechicles
- Team 8: Crowdfunding
- Team 9: Augmented Reality
- PPT Slides from Team Presentations
J Scott’s Monthly Missives
- Signup Form: http://eepurl.com/c5SSev
- Back Issues: https://www.christiansonjs.com/jscotts-monthly-missives/