Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. All opinions are mine alone there are risks involved in placing any investment in securities or cryptocurrencies or other assets. None of the information presented here is intended to form the basis for any offer or recommendation or have any regard to the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific person (e.g., you). The information I provide is for informational/entertainment purposes only.
What is Blockchain
More Detailed Explanation
Other Resources to Explain Blockchain
- Let’s Play the Blockchain Game
Introduction to Crypto as an investment
Taxes: Crypto as Income
Taxes: Crypto as a Gift
Taxes: Crypto as Property
Taxes: Using Cryptocurrency to buy Goods or Services
Crypto Debit/Credit Cards
These sites will convert your crypto trades to IRS Format or a format that integrates with your tax software or consolidate all your transactions by reading a blockchain.
Tax Planning: Loss Harvesting
Tax Planning: Self Directed Roth IRA
Tax Planning: Charitable Remainder Trust
Tax Planning: Location, Location, Location!
Estate Planning: Key Management
Tax Software for Crypto
Referenced or Related IRS Documents
- Internal Revenue Bulletin 2006-46, Notice 2006-96 – “Guidance Regarding Appraisal Requirements for Noncash Charitable Contributions”
- IRS Section 1.170A-13 – “Recordkeeping and Requirements for Deductions of Charitable Contributions”
- IRS Publication 561 – “Determining the Value of Donated Property”
- IRS Notice 2014-21 – IRS Virtual Currency Guidance